Call for The 18th LTI Korea Translation Award for Aspiring Translators
- onMarch 28, 2019
- byLTI Korea
The 18th LTI Korea Translation Award for Aspiring Translators seeks to discover new talent in literary translation who will serve as a bridge between Korean and global literatures.
Target languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese
Set texts: Please choose one from the list below.
『전란의 소용돌이 속에서』
『비 오는 길』
(문학과 지성사, 2004)
『소설 보다: 봄-여름』
(문학과 지성사, 2018)
Eligibility: Applications are welcome from translators of all nationalities who have not yet received an official translation grant or published a translated work of Korean literature in their target language. Co-translations are not accepted.
※ Applicants whose previous translations only appeared in LTI Korea Translation Academy and/or Translation Atelier collections are eligible.
- One winner will be selected in each language category.
- Each winner will be awarded 5,000,000 KRW and a plaque.
※ The prize for overseas residents includes a trip to Seoul(round-trip airfare and accommodation) to attend the award ceremony.
- Application(Please download the application form from our website.
- Translation manuscript(in PDF format)
※ You must translate the entire text including the title.
※ Personal information(your name, school, address, etc.) must not appear anywhere on the submitted manuscript.
- Applications are accepted by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Period: June 1 ~ July 26(24:00 KST), 2019
- Announcement of Results: The results will be announced in October 18, 2019 on our website and all winners will be notified individually.
- Award Ceremony: Mid-December 2019
- For further enquiries, please contact Lee Yoomi: